Most dermatologists emphasize on a regular skin care routine to keep it well moisturized and hydrated. With time, the skin is likely to become loose and dulldue to sagging indicating premature aging. Hence, it is important to protect the skin from external factors with a routine that will maintain the skin well hydrated and moisturized.
Dr Archit Aggarwal, a leading dermatologist in Faridabad states, ‘The skin is the largest organ of the body and comprises of several components and hence needs special care. Good, fresh and well maintained skin, makes the individual feel confident and enhances their personality.’
There are several methods to hydrate the skin and that too, depends upon the season, age and lifestyle of the individual. Consulting a dermatologist would be ideal for those who wish to take additional care of their skin, however Dr Archit Aggarwal shares few valuable tips and routines which can be easily put into practice.
• Drink ample water: It is necessary to drink the recommended amount of water as it hydrates the skin well and also increases the dermal layersuppleness. Water ensures all the toxins are flushed out and there is adequate movement of the fluids within the capillary network.
• Use a Hydrating gentle cleanser: As recommended by the dermatologist, use a hydrating cleanser which is specially formulated to protect the skin and retains its natural moisture. The cleanser should not only clean the skin but not over-strip its moisture content.
• Use of Hydrating supplements: There are various specially formulated supplements such as ceramides that help to retain the moisture in the skin and protect it from damage. There are many plant derived phytoceramides which when used improve the skin texture and help to maintain its hydration levels.
• Use a sleep mask: A sleep mask is a specially designed product that contains fatty acids, exfoliating acids, hyaluronic acids, Vitamin C and other oxidants which hydrate the skin when the patient is asleep. This allows the key ingredients and nutrients in the sleep mask to penetrate into the epidermis layer and replenish the skin. On waking up, the skin will be rejuvenated, smooth and supple.
• Have balanced meals: Patients need to increase their intake of antioxidant-rich, water-dense and hydrating foods for acquiring a soft and supple skin complexion. At times,in case the skin feels dry and itchy, the quantities of these foods can be increased.
• Regular dermatologist checkups: Patients can seek annual skin checkups or visit the doctor in case there are skin eruptions. Also, it is essential to maintain skin routines as per season and changes in heat and humidity levels.
About Dr Archit Aggarwal
Dr. Archit Aggarwal, founder of KDC Clinic in Faridabad is one of the leading dermatologist with expertise in hair and skin treatments. His specialization includes hair transplantation, dermatopathology, vitiligo, and psoriasis. Patient can also approach him for chemical peels, fillers, botox, lasers and other state-of-the-art cosmetic treatments. He treats scalp, hair and nail issues of patients across all age groups. He is a dedicated medical professional striving for best possible recovery of patients from skin and related disorders.