EARLY LIFE :
Meera Mitun was born as Tamizh Selvi in 1984. She is from Chetpet, the daughter of D. Mani, a civil engineer, and Shyamala, a homemaker. Her brother is Thamizhamuthan.
In 2019. She later alleged that Ajith Ravi, an organizer of the Miss Tamil Nadu beauty pageant, had sent her death threats to stop her from going ahead with the event. Ravi denied her allegations and labelled Mitun had engaged in fraudulent behaviour, taking money from other designers and potentially cheating contestants. Soon after, the organizers of Miss South India decided to revoke her 2016 title owing to her fraudulent activities. The title was later given to Sanam Shetty. She was subsequently quizzed and then given anticipatory bail about criminal charges.
Mitun’s first acting assignment was in Gautham Vasudev Menon’s Yennai Arindhaal (2015) as a friend of the character played by Trisha. She shot for the film in late 2014 and appeared in scenes alongside Trisha and Ajith Kumar, but her character did not make the theatrical cut. In 2016, she shot for a small role in Elan’s unreleased fantasy film Graghanam and a supporting role in 8 Thottakkal (2017), which became her first film release. Her next appearance was in Vignesh Shivan’s heist comedy Thaanaa Serndha Koottam (2018), where she portrayed a supporting role. The makers had approached her after seeing her first film and cast her opposite Kalaiyarasan as an angry wife.
In 2018, Mitun revealed that she had auditioned to play Trisha’s character in Karthik Subbaraj’s Petta (2019) alongside Rajinikanth and that she was also meant to feature alongside Vikram in Kamal Haasan’s production Kadaram Kondan (2019). Ultimately, she did not feature in either film. Her next release was Bodhai Yeri Budhi Maari (2019), an action drama film starring debutant actors.
In June 2019, she participated in Star Vijay’s Bigg Boss Tamil programme. Upon her exit, Mitun received offers to feature in Pandiraj’s Namma Veettu Pillai (2019) and Agni Siragugal (2020). However, in the following months, she complained after her role was largely removed from the former film, and she was completely dropped from the latter film. She subsequently accused production studio Sun Pictures and actor Kamal Haasan of being involved in making the changes.
PERSONAL LIFE :
Meera Mitun was born as Tamizh Selvi in 1984. She is from Chetpet, the daughter of D. Mani, a civil engineer, and Shyamala, a homemaker. Her brother Thamizhamuthan is an engineer. She did her bachelor’s degree in microbiology from Ethiraj College for Women and her master’s degree from SRM University Coimbatore. She then briefly worked as a researcher at Dr. Cherian’s Foundation.
Mitun is divorced following a brief marriage which lasted for very few days.
Unknown Facts :
- Meera was an intelligent student. She had secured 90 percent marks in her 10th and 92 percent in her 12th standard. She was even the topper in her graduation and post-graduation classes.
- In 2013, she went out to watch a film with one of her friends, and she bumped into the choreographer Ganesh Guru, who got impressed with her personality and suggested she join modelling.
- Ganesh later offered her to work in a show for a wedding saree brand, Co Optex.
- Meera has several beauty pageant titles to her credit, including Miss Face of Chennai 2014, Miss Madras 2015, Miss Tamil Nadu 2016, Miss India South 2016, and Miss Queen of South 2016.Meera as Miss South India 2016
- She has walked the ramp for the Kingfisher brand seven consecutive times.
- In 2014, she received immense popularity by participating in Vijay TV’s dance reality show “Jodi No. 1.
- Mithun has been featured on the covers of several magazines.
- She is a huge fan of Angeline Jolie and admires her for her hard work and confidence.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- She carried a tomboy look in her school and college days.
- Her father had also won Mr. Tamil Nadu and Miss India runner-up.
- Meera hates to visit the gym and does not follow any diet plan.
- She revealed in an interview that she had never put up Kajal on her eyes until she took up modelling.
- She earned her first salary of Rs. 3000 by doing a two hours show for Co-Optex.
- Before entering the Big Boss house, Mithun registered a complaint against Ajith Siva, Joe Michael, Praveen, and Malarkodi for making death threats to her and 14 other young girls.