Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian female cricketer and was the captain from 2004 -2022and one of the greatest female cricketers of India.
“In June 2018, during the 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, she became the first player from India, male or female, to score 2000 runs in T20Is, and also became the first woman cricketer to reach 2000 WT20I runs.”-Wikipedia
Early Life :
Mithali Dorai raj was born on 3 December 1982,to an Warrant Office Dorai Raj an Tamilian and mother Leela Raj .
She studied at Keyes High School for Girls in Hyderabad. She attended Kasturba Gandhi Junior College for Women in Secunderabad for her intermediate studies. She started receiving cricket coaching in her school days along with her elder brother.from the age of 10.
She played for Supernovas and Velocity In women T20 challenge .beefore she used to play for Railways in Domestic competition.
Mithali has played for all formats of cricket ..she is a recipient of Arjuna Award . Her composure when at the crease and ability to score briskly make her a dangerous cricketer. In addition to her ability with the bat, Mithali rolls her arm over bowling leg-spinners and providing variety to the attack.
Mithali announced her retirement from all forms of cricket on June 2022.
Mithali is now appointed as the battling consultant of India’s Women Cricket team and had played as player coach .
- Surpassed the 7000 runs in Women’s one day international Matches.
- She is named as the Female sachin Tendulkar of women cricket .
- She is 5th woman cricketer to score over 1,000 world cup runs.
- Holds the record for playing the most consecutive Women’s One Day Internationals for a team
- SHE IS FIRST WOMEN TO COMPLETED 20years in International Cricket
- Mithali became the leading run-scorer in women’s international cricket, surpassing Charlotte Edwards’ previous record of 10,273 runs
- A bio topic is made on her :Sabaash Mithu ,which was received poor response.