The Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS), or Post Office MIS, is a guaranteed monthly income scheme in which you will receive interest in the firm of monthly payouts. It is backed by the government and is a sovereign fixed-income investment tool. The government revises and fixes the rates of interest on a quarterly basis. This post office scheme is open to both individual and joint investors, including minors who are 10 years of age and above.
The limit for deposit for individual investors was increased to Rs.9 lakhs from Rs.4.5 lakhs in the Union Budget of 2023. Likewise, this limit was increased to Rs.15 lakhs from Rs.9 lakhs for joint investors. However, if the interest paid monthly goes unclaimed by the investor, then the amount will not get any additional interest.
Benefits of opening a Post Office Monthly Scheme Account
The returns from the Post Office MIS are not linked to the market. Since the government backs the scheme, it offers returns that are guaranteed. The Post Office MIS is a great option for investors with a conservation investment approach. The benefits of having a POMIS account are mentioned below:
- Guaranteed Returns
POMIS offers a guaranteed fixed-interest income. The investor gets a steady and fixed income each month. The fixed deposit interest rates for general and senior citizens in post office monthly income scheme is 7.10% from 1st January 2023.
Post Office MIS is a great source of monthly income. You can either collect the interest from the Post Office directly or transfer it to your bank account. The investor also has the option to reinvest this monthly income. You can reinvest the monthly income as a SIP in equity mutual funds. This particular reinvestment is only recommended for investors who understand the risks associated with it and are willing to take that risk. A Post Office Recurring Deposit is another great scheme that you can use to reinvest your monthly interest income. You can also consider reinvesting the entire amount in the same scheme for 5 more years to get double benefits after maturity.
How to Calculate Monthly Income from a Post Office Monthly Scheme Account?
Given below is the formula for calculating the monthly interest income you will receive if you invest in this post office scheme.
M.I = (A*R)/12
M.I = Monthly Interest
A = Invested Amount
R = Annual Interest Rate
You can invest up to Rs.9 lakhs if you are an individual investor and up to Rs.15 lakhs in case you want to invest jointly. The current rate of interest for this scheme is 7.1% per annum.
Let us take the help of an example to see how to calculate: In case you have invested 9 lakhs in POMIS, and the interest rate of Post Office MIS is 7.1%, then your monthly income will be:
M.I = (9,00,000*7.1)12*100
How can a Post Office Monthly Income Scheme Calculator Help you?
The benefits of the Post Office Monthly Income Scheme calculator are as below:
- Finding out the Monthly Interest: Using this calculator, you can easily find the monthly interest you will earn if you invest in the monthly post office scheme.
- Easy to Use: This calculator is very easy to use. All you have to do is enter the invested amount and the current annual interest rate of Post Office MIS. The calculator will calculate the monthly interest within seconds.
- Financial Planning: With this calculator, you can plan your investments ahead of time and make wise investment decisions. By roughly estimating the monthly interest amount, you can plan your budget effectively.
- Saves Time: This calculator calculates your monthly interest income within seconds and saves time. There is no need to do manual calculations, which can be time-consuming.
- Accurate and Accessible: The post office MIS calculator is fast and easily available online. You can access it from any part of the world.
How Does the Post Office Monthly Income Scheme Calculator Work?
The POMIS calculator is a simple and reliable tool that helps you calculate the monthly interest income you will receive on your investments. You can estimate your monthly income within seconds. All you need to do is:
Step 1: Select the Investment Amount
Step 2: Select the Tenor
Step 3: Choose the Interest Rate
Once you are done entering the values, the online monthly payout FD calculator will show the monthly returns instantly.
Gone are the days when you had to calculate the monthly interest manually. Use the online monthly payout FD calculator and calculate the returns now.