India said on Friday that the military standoff in eastern Ladakh over the past six months is a result of China’s actions as China has tried to unilaterally change the situation on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Ministry Of External Affairs spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said this at a press conference when asked about the latest chinese foreign ministry’s remarks in which it held India responsible for the border standoff in eastern Ladakh.
Srivastava said Our stand has been very clear, which has been mentioned many times in the past. The situation we have been witnessing for the last six months is a result of the actions of the Chinese side which has tried to unilaterally change the situation on LAC in East Ladakh.
He said This (Chinese) action is a violation of bilateral relations and protocols to ensure peace and stability on the LAC in the India-China border areas.
The armies of India and China have been deployed in eastern Ladakh since May. The two sides have held several rounds of military and diplomatic talks but have not succeeded so far in resolving the border impasse.