EARLY LIFE :
Alaya Ebrahim Furniturewala was born on 28 November 1997 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
She is of Parsi and Gujarati Khoja Muslim descent on her father’s side and Punjabi, Haryanvi, British and Bengali descent on her mother’s side. She is the granddaughter of actor Kabir Bedi and former model and classical dancer Protima Bedi.
She studied at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. Before making her film debut, she earned a diploma in acting at the New York Film Academy and later changed her name to Alaya F.
She made her Hindi film debut with Nitin Kakkar’s Jawaani Jaaneman 2020, a family comedy-drama, in which she played a 21-year-old girl claiming a 40-year-old person who has a hatred for marriages (played by Saif Ali Khan) to be her father. The film was produced under the banner Pooja Entertainment and received mixed reviews from critics but won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
She is all set to play the lead role in U-turn. She will be seen opposite Kartik Aaryan in Freddy. She also has Ek Aur Ghazab Kahani with Amrita Puri, Arjun Kapoor and Aditya Seal.
PERSONAL LIFE :
The paparazzi snapped Alaya F today as she stepped out to hang out with her rumoured boyfriend, Aishvary Thackeray.
Unknown Facts :
- Alaya is the granddaughter of legendary actor Kabir Bedi and the late Protima Bedi, a former model and classical dancer.
- She has acting and Kathak dancing training.
- Along with her mother Pooja Bedi, Alaya was featured on the cover of the “Femina” magazine.
4. In addition, she received the 2013 “Balakratna National Art” award for outstanding artistic achievement.
5. Alaya has 39.8K followers on Instagram (@aalia.ebrahim) and is a very active user of social media.
6.Alaya first rose to fame when she participated in a beauty contest with her mom in a reality TV show called Maa Exchange at Sony